Dawgs Upset Crimson Tide In Overtime 26-23
Matthew Stafford tossed a 25-yard touchdown pass to Mikey Henderson in the 1st overtime to lift the Bulldogs to a 26-23 win over the Alabama Crimson Tide in Tuscaloosa. Georgia (3-1, 1-1) won for only the 2nd time in 9 games in Tuscaloosa. With the win, Georgia is now 23-3 in true road games under head coach Mark Richt.
Stafford finished with 224 yards, two touchdowns, two interceptions and completed 19 of 35 passes. Thomas Brown and Knowshon Moreno each rushed for 74 yards and each scored a touchdown for the Bulldogs.
Kicker Brandon Coutu converted field goals from 45 and 47 yards and was 2-for-2 on extra points. However, he missed a 50-yard field goal in the 3rd quarter and a 47-yard field goal as time expired in the 4th quarter.
Check out the links below for more information on Georgia’s win over Alabama:
- Get Your Georgia Over Alabama “Still Man Enough” T-shirt! – Sicemdawgs.com
- No. 22 Bulldogs Beat No. 16 Tide In Overtime – OnlineAthens.com
- Comeback Win A Growth Spurt For Young Bulldogs – OnlineAthens.com
- Georgia’s Dynamic Duo Runs Over Tide – OnlineAthens.com
- Dogs Savor OT Victory – OnlineAthens.com