Late Field Goal Lifts Georgia Over Vanderbilt 20-17
Senior kicker Brandon Coutu made a 37-yard field goal as time expired to give the Georgia Bulldogs a victory over the Vanderbilt Commodores in Nashville. Redshirt freshman tailback Knowshon Moreno, who rushed for a career-high 157 yards on 28 carries, led the offensive attack for UGA.
Matthew Stafford completed 16 of 31 passes for 201 yards and one touchdown. His lone touchdown pass was a 32-yard strike to Sean Bailey. Brannan Southerland scored the only other touchdown for the Dawgs on a rush from the 1-yard line.
After Coutu converted the game-winning field goal, he drifted toward midfield and was mobbed by his teammates. They began jumping up and down, and happened to also be jumping on the Vanderbilt logo. Head Coach Mark Richt saw this and immediately pushed the players away from the logo and towards the locker room.
- Coutu’s Game Winner Ends Dogs’ SEC East Freefall – OnlineAthens.com
- Clutch Catches Redeem Chandler – OnlineAthens.com
- Lumpkin Sidelined Again – OnlineAthens.com
- Moreno Carries Bulk Of Load For Bulldogs – OnlineAthens.com
- Possible Loss Of Lumpkin For Regular Season Shakes RB’s – OnlineAthens.com