Larry Munson Retires
Larry Munson, the legendary radio voice of the Georgia Bulldogs football program, has announced his retirement effective immediately. Munson began calling only home games last season and was doing the same this year until he announced his decision today. Scott Howard and Eric Zeier will call the remaining home and away games for the Bulldogs in 2008.
Larry Munson has announced University of Georgia Bulldogs football games for the past 42 years. His 60-year career in broadcasting has included stints with the University of Wyoming, Vanderbilt University and the Atlanta Braves.
Munson last game will go in the record books as Central Michigan at Georgia on Saturday, September 6, 2008 at Sanford Stadium. The second-ranked Bulldogs defeated the Chippewas in that game 56-17.
Listed below are some articles covering the retirement of Larry Munson:
- Legendary Munson Stepping Down – AJC.com
- Memorable Munson Moments – AJC.com
- Listen To His Greatest Calls – YouTube.com
- Munson To Retire Immediately – OnlineAthens.com
- Munson Leaves Georgia’s Radio Booth After 43 Years – ESPN.com
- Georgia Football Won’t Sound The Same Without Munson – ESPN.com