This season, the Bulldogs have an open date before their annual trip to Jacksonville to face the Florida Gators. It looks like the Dawgs may have that luxury again in 2011.
Mississippi State announced some future game dates today, and they will play at Georgia on October 1. Our prediction prior to this was that Georgia would host Mississippi State on October 22.
Here is a look at our 2011 schedule and why we think the possibility is good for that coveted open date before Jacksonville:
- 09/03 – Louisville (confirmed)
- 09/10 – South Carolina (historically, Georgia and South Carolina play the second week of the season)
- 09/17 – Coastal Carolina (confirmed)
- 09/24 – at Ole Miss (this seems to be the most likely date for this game; see 10/22 note for more info)
- 10/01 – Mississippi State (confirmed)
- 10/08 – at Tennessee (confirmed)
- 10/15 – at Vanderbilt (confirmed)
- 10/22 – Open Date (not likely Ole Miss; surely we wouldn’t play 3 straight road games and then travel to Jacksonville; but there is the possibility it could be Kentucky as they were moved to this spot on the 2010 schedule)
- 10/29 – Florida (always held this week)
- 11/05 – New Mexico State (confirmed)
- 11/12 – Auburn (this game has been played 2 weeks after the Florida game every year since 1992)
- 11/19 – Kentucky (unless the game is moved to 10/22; not likely)
- 11/26 – at Georgia Tech (always played this week)
One thing we know for sure about the 2011 schedule is that it’s full. The Dawgs have already scheduled their four non-conference opponents: Louisville, Coastal Carolina, New Mexico State and at Georgia Tech.
- 2011 Georgia Bulldogs Football Schedule – Sicemdawgs.com
- College Football Schedules – FBSchedules.com