Blair Walsh nailed a 37-yard field goal as time expired to give the Georgia Bulldogs the victory over visiting PAC 10 opponent Arizona State. With the win, the Bulldogs move to 3-1 overall and remain 2-0 in the SEC.
Sophomore wide receiver A.J. Green had another huge game for the Dawgs. Green caught 8 passes for 153 yards, including a 56-yard touchdown reception in the first quarter.
But Green’s biggest play of the game came on special teams in the 4th quarter. With the Sun Devils lining up the go-ahead field goal with 5 1/2 minutes left, A.J. Green jumped in the middle and blocked the kick.
Georgia led Arizona State 14-3 after the first quarter and at the half, but three second half turnovers by the Dawgs allowed the Sun Devils to score two touchdowns and make a game of it.
Joe Cox threw for 242 yards with a touchdown and two interceptions. Caleb King led UGA in rushing with 59 yards on 11 carries, while Richard Samuel only had 28 yards on 11 carries.
Next up for the Bulldogs is a huge SEC home game against the LSU Tigers on Saturday at 3:30 p.m. ET (CBS).
- Last-Second Field Goal Leads Dawgs Over Sun Devils – GeorgiaDogs.com
- Walsh Kick Boost Dawgs To Win ($) – UGASports.com
- Green Denies Sun Devils ($) – UGASports.com
- Late Kick Lifts Bulldogs – OnlineAthens.com
- Turnovers Cause Trouble Again – OnlineAthens.com
- Walsh Stays Perfect As Bulldogs Eke Out Home Win – AJC.com
- Bulldogs Defense Makes A Stand – AJC.com