Georgia Falls to Oklahoma State 24-10
For the first time under Mark Richt, the Georgia Bulldogs lost their season opener. The 13th ranked Bulldogs couldn’t muster much offense and turned the ball over twice en route to a 24-10 loss at the 9th ranked Oklahoma State Cowboys.
Senior quarterback Joe Cox and and sophomore tailback Richard Samuel led the Dawgs on an opening touchdown drive, but couldn’t muster much else the rest of the game. As it turns out, UGA is really going to miss Matthew Stafford and Knowshon Moreno.
So where do the Bulldogs go from here? Many of last years problems, which were supposed to be rectified during the off-season, reappeared on Saturday. I certainly don’t have the answers, but Mark Richt better figure this out quickly. We’ve got a grueling schedule ahead of us with South Carolina at home, at Arkansas, followed by Arizona State and LSU at home.
- Mistake-Prone Dawgs Fall to OSU ($) – UGASports.com
- Bobo Takes Blame for Offense’s Performance ($) – UGASports.com
- Cowboys Ride Georgia’s Miscues to 24-10 Win – OnlineAthens.com
- Bulldogs Sputter in Season-opening Loss to Cowboys – OnlineAthens.com
- Ching: Entire Offense to Blame – OnlineAthens.com
- Fleeting Thoughts: OSU Edition – Bulldogs Blog
- Post-Game Notes: OSU – Bulldogs Blog