The UGA Athletic Board has approved a recommendation by Athletic Director Damon Evans to keep the annual Georgia-Florida football game in Jacksonville. The Bulldogs and Gators will meet at Jacksonville Municipal Stadium through at least 2016.
The Georgia Bulldogs and Florida Gators have played in Jacksonville a total of 76 times. Georgia leads 40-35-1 at the neutral site, and leads 46-38-2 overall. However, the Dawgs have lost 16 of the last 20 games, including a game played in Gainesville (1994) and a game played in Athens (1995).
CBS will televise every Georgia-Florida game through 2016 at 3:30 p.m. ET. This was part of the contract extension to ensure the game doesn’t have a nighttime kickoff.
- UGAA Board of Directors Approves Negotiations – GeorgiaDogs.com
- Decision Time On World’s Largest Cocktail Party – Georgia Sports Blog
- Richt Says Jacksonville Fine With Him ($) – UGASports.com
- Athletic Association Votes to Keep Game In Jacksonville – OnlineAthens.com
- Georgia-Florida Stays Put Through 2016 – ESPN.com