On Saturday, the Georgia Bulldogs (3-2, 2-1 SEC) will travel to Knoxville to face the Tennessee Volunteers (2-3, 0-2 SEC). The game will be televised by the SEC Network at 12:21 p.m. ET.
The Dawgs are coming off of a disappointing loss to the 4th ranked LSU Tigers. Georgia gained a 13-12 lead with about a minute remaining, but lost 20-13.
Tennessee, under new head coach Lane Kiffin, fell to 0-2 in the SEC with a 26-22 loss against visiting Auburn. They also lost to Florida and UCLA, and beat Western Kentucky and Ohio.
The game on Saturday will mark the first time since 1937 that neither team enters the game ranked in one of the top polls.
Inside the numbers
- Tennessee holds a 20-16-2 overall series lead against Georgia.
- Georgia has won last year in Athens 26-14.
- Georgia is 8-9-1 against Tennessee in Knoxville.
- UGA has averaged 24 points per game in the last 10 games with UT.
- UGA has given up an average of 23.1 points in the last 10 UT games.