Georgia stopped a late drive and pass to the end zone to beat the Auburn Tigers 31-24. The Dawgs are now bowl eligible with a record of 6-4 (4-3 SEC).
The win was the fourth straight for Georgia against Auburn and brings the Dawgs within one game of tying the overall series (52-53-8).
For the first time all season, the Bulldogs played relatively mistake free football. Georgia did not turn the ball over and only committed 4 penalties for 29 yards. The Georgia defense also intercepted 2 Auburn passes.
Joe Cox completed 9 of 17 passes for 173 yards and a touchdown. Washaun Ealey led UGA in rushing with 98 yards and a touchdown on 18 carries. Caleb King rushed 10 times for 66 yards and two touchdowns.
There was a scary moment on Auburn’s last drive as Georgia safety Bacarri Rambo hit Mario Fannin to break up a pass. Rambo was knocked unconscious and play was stopped for over 12 minutes. Rambo suffered a concussion but does have motion in all of his extremities. Late Sunday, he was released from the hospital.
The Kentucky Wildcats (6-4, 2-4 SEC) visit Athens on Saturday. The game will be televised by ESPN2 at 7:45 p.m. ET.
- Georgia-Auburn Box Score – ESPN.com
- Big Second Half Carriers Dogs To Win ($) – UGASports.com
- Troupe Comes Through In The Clutch ($) – UGASports.com
- Defense Bows Up When Needed ($) – UGASports.com
- Bulldogs Top Oldest Rival For Fourth Straight Year – OnlineAthens.com
- Get Well, Bacarri Rambo – Georgia Sports Blog