The Georgia Bulldogs have accepted an invitation to the AdvoCare V100 Independence Bowl in Shreveport, Louisiana to face the Texas A&M Aggies of the Big 12 Conference. The game will be played on Monday, December 28, 2009 at 5:00 p.m. EST and will be televised by ESPN2.
The Bulldogs’ bid to the Independence Bowl is less than they what they hoped for at the beginning of the year. But five losses on the season, including bad ones at Tennessee and home against Kentucky, dropped the Dawgs in the bowl pecking order.
This will be Georgia’s 2nd appearance ever in the Independence Bowl. In their only other appearance in 1991, Georgia defeated Arkansas 24-15.
The Bulldogs will be facing the Texas A&M Aggies for the fourth time. The Aggies lead the overall series 3-1. Listed below are the results of the series:
- 1950 – Texas A&M 40, Georgia 20 (Presidential Cup Bowl)
- 1953 – Texas A&M 14, Georgia 12 (at Dallas, TX)
- 1954 – Texas A&M 6, Georgia 0 (at Athens, GA)
- 1980 – Georgia 42, Texas A&M 0 (at Athens, GA)
- Independence Bowl Tickets
- Independence Bowl Website – IndependenceBowl.org
- Texas A&M Aggies – FBSchedules.com