Trey Thompkins hit four free-throws over the final 22 seconds to help Georgia (5-4) upset Illinois 70-67 at Gwinnett Arena in Duluth, GA. Thompkins finished with 21 points and 7 rebounds. Travis Leslie added 17 points for the Dawgs and made some extremely athletic and acrobatic shots.
The Bulldogs’ win over the Fighting Illini was their first in the series. Illinois leads the overall series 5-1.
The win over a good Illinois team stops a two-game losing streak for Georgia and should help build some momentum. The Dawgs played with great focus and intensity on defense, and with a purpose on offense.
Next up for Georgia is a home game against the Florida Atlantic Owls on Wednesday at 7:00 p.m. ET. The Owls are 5-5 on the season.
- 2009-10 Georgia Bulldogs Basketball Schedule – Sicemdawgs.com
- Georgia-Illinois Box Score – ESPN.com
- Georgia Tops Illinois 70-67 – GeorgiaDogs.com
- Georgia Shocks Illinois 70-67 – AJC.com
- Dawgs Get Huge Win Over Illinois ($) – UGASports.com