The Ole Miss Rebels (13-3) defeated the Georgia Bulldogs (8-7) on Wednesday night at Stegeman Coliseum. The loss drops the Hoop Dawgs to 0-2 in the SEC.
Georgia, playing its third game in a row over a ranked opponent, lost for the second straight time. The Rebels came in to the game ranked 21st in the AP and 23rd in the Coaches Poll. UGA beat Georgia Tech last week and lost to Kentucky on Saturday.
Trey Thompkins led the Dawgs with 21 points and 7 rebounds. He had 11 points about midway through the first half, but cooled off after that.
Travis Leslie scored 17 points and pulled down 8 rebounds. Ricky McPhee scored 15 points and Dustin Ware added 11.
On Saturday, Georgia travels to face the Mississippi State Bulldogs (13-3, 1-0 SEC) in Starkville. The game will be televised by ESPN2 at 3:00 p.m. ET.
- 2009-10 Georgia Bulldogs Basketball Schedule – Sicemdawgs.com
- Georgia-Ole Miss Box Score – ESPN.com
- Dawgs Nipped by Rebels, 80-76 – GeorgiaDogs.com
- Georgia Loses Close Game Against Ole Miss – AJC.com
- Rebels Too Much For Dogs ($) – UGASports.com