Georgia led Florida by 15 at halftime and by 15 with 9:45 remaining in the game. But the Gators chipped away at the Bulldogs’ lead and it dwindled down to only two with 1:42 remaining. Both teams then went scoreless the rest of the way and Georgia hung on to win 78-76.
The Bulldogs also beat the Gators last year in Athens by two points, 88-86. The win improves UGA’s overall record to 13-14 and 5-9 in the SEC.
Trey Thompkins led the Bulldogs with 20 points, 7 rebounds and 5 assists. Travis Leslie added 12 points, Dustin Ware scored 10 and Jeremy Price came off the bench to score 13.
Georgia faces the no. 2 Kentucky Wildcats in their final regular-season home game on Wednesday. The game will be televised by the SEC Network at 8:00 p.m. ET.
- 2009-10 Georgia Bulldogs Basketball Schedule – Sicemdawgs.com
- Georgia-Florida Box Score – ESPN.com
- Georgia Survives Florida Comeback, Defeats Gators 78-76 – GeorgiaDogs.com
- Much Maligned Bench Helps Tired Bulldogs – OnlineAthens.com
- Dawgs Hang On To Upend Rival Gators ($) – UGASports.com