Georgia Drops No. 18 Vanderbilt 72-58
This time the Georgia Bulldogs held onto a late lead. The Dawgs outscored the no. 18 Vanderbilt Commodores 21-9 over the final 7:39 to win in an upset 72-58.
Trey Thompkins and Travis Leslie each scored 17 points for the Bulldogs. Leslie pulled down 8 rebounds while Thompkins finished with 7. The Dawgs got some decent help from the bench from Vincent Williams (7 points) and Jeremy Price (8 points).
Georgia held a 10-point lead in the first half, but then fell behind by 8 with 15:06 remaining in the game. From that point forward, the Bulldogs outscored the Commodores 42-20, proving that they actually can grab the lead late and keep it.
Georgia (10-11, 2-6 SEC) hits the road on Wednesday to face the Auburn Tigers (11-12, 2-6 SEC). The Bulldogs look to win their first game on the road this season. The game will be televised by CSS at 9:00 p.m. ET.
- 2009-10 Georgia Bulldogs Basketball Schedule – Sicemdawgs.com
- Georgia-Vanderbilt Box Score – ESPN.com
- Georgia Upsets No. 18 Vanderbilt 72-58 – GeorgiaDogs.com
- Dogs Crush Dores’ This Time – OnlineAthens.com
- Fox Ranks Among SEC’s Best – OnlineAthens.com