Kentucky led by only four points at the half, but used a 12-point run and the start of the 2nd half to put Georgia away early. The Dawgs trimmed the lead to nine with 5:18 remaining, but couldn’t get any closer and lost 80-68.
The game was Senior Night for the Bulldogs. Playing in their final home game at Stegeman Coliseum were center Albert Jackson, forward Tyler Whatley and guard Ricky McPhee.
The loss drops Georgia to 13-15 overall and 5-10 in the SEC.
Georgia plays their final regular season game on Saturday at the LSU Tigers. The Dawgs hope to get their only road win of the season in Baton Rouge. The game will be televised by FSN at 5:00 p.m. ET.
- 2009-10 Georgia Bulldogs Basketball Schedule – Sicemdawgs.com
- Georgia-Kentucky Box Score – ESPN.com
- Georgia Falls to Kentucky 80-68 on Senior Day – GeorgiaDogs.com
- Wildcat Talent Too Much For Bulldogs ($) – UGASports.com
- UK Is More Than 12 More Points Talented Than UGA – Georgia Sports Blog