We have posted the tentative 2010-11 Georgia Bulldogs Basketball Schedule. The official, completed schedule is usually released by UGA in August.
The Hoop Dawgs will return to the tournament scene when they participate in the 2010 Old Spice Classic. The 8-team tournament will be held Thanksgiving weekend at the Milk House at Disney’s Wide World of Sports Complex in Lake Buena Vista, Florida.
The seven other teams participating in the Old Spice Classic are Boston College, California, Manhattan, Notre Dame, Temple, Texas A&M and Wisconsin.
Five teams in the field reached the 2010 NCAA Tournament. Listed below is how each team fared:
- California – 8-seed; lost to eventual champion Duke 68-53 in the 2nd round.
- Notre Dame – 6-seed; lost to 11-seed Old Dominion 51-50 in the 1st round.
- Temple – 5-seed; lost to 12-seed Cornell 78-65 in the 1st round.
- Texas A&M – 5-seed; lost to 4-seed Purdue 63-61 in the 2nd round.
- Wisconsin – 4-seed; lost to 12-seed Cornell 87-69 in the 2nd round.
The bracket for the Old Spice Classic has not been released yet. The tournament will consist of 12 games over three days (Nov. 25, 26 & 28). Each team will be guaranteed three games. The two teams that go undefeated in the first two games will meet in the championship game on November 28.
Other non-conference games for the Georgia Bulldogs in 2010-11 include Saint Louis and UAB at home and Georgia Tech in Atlanta. The Bulldogs will face their usual SEC slate. Those games and locations are listed on our tentative schedule.
The 2011 SEC Tournament will be held at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta, barring a Tornado, beginning on March 10.
Stay tuned to Sicemdawgs.com for future schedule announcements. Hat tip to PaulWesterDawg of the Georgia Sports Blog and memphisdog from the UGA message boards. They do a great job of digging up basketball schedule information.
- 2010-11 UGA Basketball Schedule
- 2010-11 UGA Basketball Roster
- 2009-10 UGA Basketball Commitments/Signees