With the 2010 college football season approaching, several pundits and magazines have released their 2010 preseason rankings and predictions. The Georgia Bulldogs are predicted to win the SEC East by one source, but ranked as low as 64th by another.
Listed below are some of the sources and their predictions:
- AthlonSports.com – Athlon Sports, a leading college football preview magazine, ranks the 2010 Bulldogs 15th in the nation.
- BleacherReport.com – Kimberly Nash ranks Georgia 35th, ten spots out of the Top 25.
- CollegeFootballNews.com – Back in February, CollegeFootballNews.com ranked the Georgia Bulldogs 20th in the nation and 5th in the SEC behind Alabama, Florida, LSU and Auburn.
- CollegeFootball.About.com – Tim Hyland of About.com ranks the 2010 Dawgs 20th.
- CollegeFootballPoll.com – CollegeFootballPoll.com aggregates the preseason predictions and issues a consensus ranking. The Georgia Bulldogs are ranked 20th.
- FootballOutsiders.com – Bill Connelly of FootballOutsiders.com ranks the Bulldogs 19th.
- NationalChamps.net – Their 2010 Early Bird Preview ranks the Georgia Bulldogs 25th in the nation.
- OrlandoSentinel.com – Jeremy Fowler is not so kind to the Dawgs, ranking them at 64th. He thinks Mark Richt may be on the hot seat for his “constant struggles against Florida and the lack of SEC titles.”
- PhilSteele.com – Tom Poisal of PhilSteele.com, one of the top college football publications, sees the Georgia Bulldogs winning the East if they can get by South Carolina. Poisal gives a lot of praise for Aaron Murray and new defensive coordinator Todd Grantham.
- Rivals.com – In January, the Rivals.com staff did not include the 2010 Bulldogs in their Top 25 rankings.
- SportingNews.com – The Sporting News ranks UGA 27th in the nation.
What do you think of these rankings? Which pundit do you think has the most accurate prediction?