On Saturday, the Georgia Bulldogs (1-1, 0-1 SEC) will host the 13th ranked Arkansas Razorbacks (2-0, 0-0 SEC) at Sanford Stadium in Athens. The game will be televised by ESPN at 12:00 p.m. ET.
Georgia is coming off of a disappointing 17-6 loss to South Carolina last week. The Dawgs likely need to win out in conference games to have any chance of making it to the SEC Championship game.
The Arkansas Razorbacks come into the game 2-0 after unimpressive wins over Tennessee Tech and ULM. Last year in Fayetteville, the Dawgs defeated the Hogs 52-41 in an offensive shootout. Hopefully Georgia won’t need to score that many points to pull out a win this year.
A loss and UGA is surely out of the SEC race only three games into the season.
Inside the numbers:
- Georgia holds a 9-3 overall series lead against Arkansas.
- The Razorbacks are 15-12 under Bobby Petrino.
- Georgia has won 6 in a row over the Razorbacks.
- Georgia is 2-1 against Arkansas in Athens.
- Georgia is 94th in total offense, Arkansas is 10th.
- Georgia is in 16th total defense, Arkansas is 4th.
- Georgia is 17th in fewest penalties per game, Arkansas is 86th.