On Saturday, the Georgia Bulldogs return to Athens to host the Tennessee Volunteers at Sanford Stadium. The game will be televised by the SEC Network at 12:00 p.m. ET.
Georgia (1-4, 0-3 SEC) has now lost four games in a row for the first time ever under Mark Richt. Tennessee (2-3, 0-2 SEC) nearly upset LSU last week, but a comedy of errors by both teams in the closing seconds resulted in a Tiger victory.
The winner of this game will have the illustrious title of not being in last place in the SEC East. The loser will remain winless and could miss a bowl game.
Inside the numbers
- Tennessee leads the overall series against Georgia 21-16-2.
- Under Mark Richt, Georgia is 5-4 against Tennessee overall and 2-2 in Athens.
- This is the first meeting since 1906 when both teams have losing records.
- This is the 2nd year in a row that neither team is ranked before the game.
- Georgia is 73rd in total offense, Tennessee is 87th.
- Georgia is in 39th in total defense, Tennessee is 78th.
- Georgia is 59th in fewest penalties per game, Tennessee is 38th.
- Georgia is 68th (-1) in turnover margin, Tennessee is 15th (+4).