On Saturday, the Georgia Bulldogs host the Vanderbilt Commodores at Sanford Stadium in Athens. The game will be televised by the SEC Network at 12:00 p.m. ET.
Georgia (2-4, 1-3 SEC) picked up their first SEC win last week with a 41-14 win over Tennessee. Vanderbilt (2-3, 1-1 SEC) beat Eastern Michigan last week 52-6. In SEC games, the Commodores beat Ole Miss 28-14 and lost to LSU 27-3.
The winner of this game will pick up their 2nd SEC victory and could possible move into a tie for 2nd in the East.
Inside the numbers:
- Georgia leads the overall series against Vanderbilt 50-18-2.
- Under Mark Richt, Georgia is 8-1 against Vanderbilt overall and 3-1 in Athens.
- Vanderbilt beat Georgia 24-22 in Athens at homecoming in 2006.
- Georgia is 67th in total offense, Vanderbilt is 79th.
- Georgia is in 28th in total defense, Vanderbilt is 49th.
- Georgia is 51st in fewest penalties per game, Vanderbilt is 70th.
- Georgia is 39th (+2) in turnover margin, Vanderbilt is 34th (+2).
- Gameday Central – GeorgiaDogs.com
- 2010 Georgia Bulldogs Football Schedule – Sicemdawgs.com
- 2010 Vanderbilt Commodores Football Schedule – FBSchedules.com