Gametime 2010 – Georgia Tech at Georgia
On Saturday, the Georgia Bulldogs host the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets at Sanford Stadium in Athens. The game will be televised by ESPN at 7:45 p.m. ET.
The game marks the 105th edition of Clean Old Fashioned Hate, one of the nation’s most heated in-state rivalries. Georgia leads the overall series 60-39-5 and has dominated the Yellow Jackets over the last 20 years, winning 15 of the last 20 games.
Georgia (5-6, 3-5 SEC) needs to beat the Yellow Jackets not only for in-state bragging rights, but also to qualify for a postseason bowl game. Georgia Tech (6-4, 4-4 ACC) comes into the game having lost three of their last four contests.
The Bulldogs enjoyed last weekend off while the Yellow Jackets beat Duke 30-20 at home. The off week should help the Dawgs get extra preparation for Tech’s triple-option offense.
If Georgia wins on Saturday, their bowl possibilities include the following:
- Music City Bowl – 12/30/2010 vs. ACC
- Liberty Bowl – 12/31/2010 vs. C-USA
- BBVA Compass Bowl – 01/08/2011 vs. Big East
Inside the numbers:
- Georgia beat Georgia Tech 30-24 last year in Atlanta.
- Georgia has won 8 of 9 and 15 of the last 20 against Tech.
- Mark Richt is 8-1 against Georgia Tech.
- Since 2001, UGA has averaged 29.7 points per game against GT.
- Since 2001, UGA’s defense has given up 17.7 points per game against GT.
- Average points scored in 8 wins over GT under Richt: 28.1
- Average points scored in 1 loss to GT under Richt: 42.0
- Georgia is 54th in total offense, Georgia Tech is 42nd.
- Georgia is 22nd in total defense, Georgia Tech is 66th.
- Georgia is 36th in fewest penalties per game, Georgia Tech is 87th.
- Georgia is 18th (+8) in turnover margin, Georgia Tech is 54th (even).
- Gameday Central – GeorgiaDogs.com
- 2010 Georgia Bulldogs Football Schedule – Sicemdawgs.com
- 2010 Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets Football Schedule – FBSchedules.com