The Georgia Bulldogs are set to face the UCF Knights on Friday, New Years Eve, in the 2010 AutoZone Liberty Bowl. The game will be televised by ESPN at 3:30 p.m. ET.
The game will be the second meeting between the two schools. Georgia beat UCF 24-23 in Athens in 1999.
UCF is currently ranked 24th in the Coaches’ Poll and 25th in the Harris Poll and BCS standings.
This will be the third trip to the Liberty Bowl for the Bulldogs. Georgia lost to NC State 14-7 in 1967 and beat Arkansas 20-17 in 1987.
Georgia (6-6, 3-5 SEC) needs to beat UCF to finish the 2010 season with a winning record. The Dawgs last season with a losing record was in 1996 under head coach Jim Donnan (5-6).
Running back Caleb King, offensive lineman A.J. Harmon and cornerback Derek Owens will each miss the game due to academic reasons.
Inside the numbers:
- Georgia is 1-0 all-time against UCF.
- Georgia’s record in bowl games is 26-16-3.
- Georgia will compete in a bowl for a record 14th straight year.
- Georgia is tied for 5th in bowl appearances with 45.
- Georgia is 4th in bowl victories with 26.
- Georgia is 1-1 in the Liberty Bowl.
- Mark Richt is 7-2 in bowl games.
- This will be Mark Richt’s 1st season winning less than 8 games.