The 2011 college football season is finally here! Georgia is set to face Boise State in the Chick-fil-A College Kickoff at the Georgia Dome on Saturday, September 3. The game will be televised by ESPN at 8:00 p.m. ET.
In their only previous meeting, Georgia beat Boise State 48-13 in Athens in 2005. Overall, Boise State is 0-4 against the SEC.
Georgia has never lost to a Mountain West Conference team or a WAC team (Boise State’s conference from 2001-10). The Dawgs are 5-0 against the MWC and 6-0 against the WAC.
Boise State is currently ranked 5th in the AP Poll and 7th in the Coaches’ Poll. The Dawgs are 19th in the AP and 22nd in the Coaches’.
Earlier this week, UGA released their depth chart for the game. The player everyone wants to see is true freshman running back Isaiah Crowell. He is listed as the no. 2 running back behind Richard Samuel. Both should see the field a lot on Saturday night.
The Dawgs really need to make a statement in this game to bounce back from a disappointing 2010 campaign. And it doesn’t get any easier next week, with 12th ranked South Carolina visiting Athens.
Inside the numbers:
- Georgia is 1-0 all-time against Boise State.
- Georgia is 4-3 at the Georgia Dome.
- Mark Richt’s non-conference record is 41-6.
- Boise State has a .819 winning % since 1997, the nation’s highest.
- Since 2007, Georgia is 0-4 against Top 5 teams.
- This is the first season since 1965 that Georgia has opened against a Top 5 team.
- Georgia has never opened the season against two Top 25 teams.
- Gameday Central – GeorgiaDogs.com
- 2011 Georgia Bulldogs Football Schedule – Sicemdawgs.com
- 2011 Boise State Broncos Football Schedule – FBSchedules.com