On Saturday, the Georgia Bulldogs (2-2, 1-1 SEC) look to win their third game in a row and move their overall record above .500 when they host the Mississippi State Bulldogs (2-2, 0-2 SEC). The game will be televised by FSN at 12:00 p.m. ET. It will also be broadcast on ESPN3.
Mississippi State upset Georgia last season 24-12 in Starkville. The “other” Bulldogs haven’t fared so well this season, starting 0-2 in the SEC after losses to Auburn (41-34) and LSU (19-6). Last week, State needed overtime to defeat Louisiana Tech 26-20.
MSU head coach Dan Mullen is in his third season with the Bulldogs. He has an overall record of 16-13 and 7-11 in the
SEC. Last year, he led MSU to a nine-win season and a 52-14 rout of Michigan in the Gator Bowl.
Georgia and Mississippi State first met in Athens in 1914. MSU won that game 9-0, but has gone 5-16 since. Georgia leads the overall series 16-6 and has won nine of the last ten meetings.
Inside the numbers:
- Georgia is 16-6 against Mississippi State.
- Mark Richt is 2-1 against Mississippi State.
- Mark Richt is 0-1 against Dan Mullen.
- Georgia is ranked 37th in Total Offense with 438.5 yards per game.
- Georgia is ranked 26th in Scoring Offense with 37.25 points per game.
- Georgia is ranked 13th in Total Defense with 270 yards per game.
- Georgia is ranked 55th in Scoring Defense with 23.25 points per game.
- Georgia is ranked 33rd (tie) in Turnover Margin (+2 ratio).
- Georgia is ranked 34th in Fewest Penalties Per Game (21 for 167 yards).
- Gameday Central – GeorgiaDogs.com
- 2011 Georgia Football Schedule – Sicemdawgs.com
- 2011 Mississippi State Football Schedule – FBSchedules.com