On Saturday, the Georgia Bulldogs (4-2, 3-1 SEC) travel to Nashville to face the Vanderbilt Commodores (3-2, 1-2 SEC). The game will be televised by FSN at 7:00 p.m. ET. It will also be shown on ESPN3.com (subject to blackout).
Georgia hasn’t lost to Vandy in Nashville since a 27-25 upset in 1991. The Bulldogs won 34-10 in Nashville in 2009 and 43-0 last year in Athens.
Vanderbilt opened the 2011 season 3-0, including a 30-7 win at home over Ole Miss. But the Commodores have dropped two straight, 21-3 at South Carolina and 34-0 at Alabama.
Georgia has now won three straight SEC games: 27-13 at Ole Miss, 24-10 vs. Mississippi State at home and 20-12 at Tennessee. A win at Vandy would make UGA 5-2 overall and 4-1 heading to Jacksonville to face Florida.
Georgia and Vanderbilt first met in Nashville in 1893. The two schools have met 71 times in a series that has been dominated by Georgia. The Bulldogs lead the overall series 51-18-2.
Inside the numbers:
- Georgia is 51-18-2 against Vanderbilt.
- Mark Richt is 9-1 against Vanderbilt.
- Mark Richt is 0-0 against James Franklin.
- Georgia is ranked 57th in Total Offense with 405.83 yards per game.
- Georgia is ranked 47th in Scoring Offense with 32.17 points per game.
- Georgia is ranked 6th in Total Defense with 260.50 yards per game.
- Georgia is ranked 20th (tie) in Scoring Defense with 19.17 points per game.
- Georgia is ranked 47th in Turnover Margin (+2 ratio).
- Georgia is ranked 55th in Fewest Penalties Per Game (37 for 299 yards).