On Saturday, the Georgia Bulldogs (7-2, 5-1 SEC) host the Auburn Tigers (6-3, 4-2 SEC) at Sanford Stadium in Athens. The game will be televised by CBS at 3:30 p.m. ET.
Georgia is looking to avenge last years 49-31 loss to Auburn in a game that turned ugly after several questionable hits by Nick Fairley on Aaron Murray.
But the Dawgs have moved past that and are focused on making it to the SEC Championship Game for the first time since 2005.
The Bulldogs are currently ranked 14th in the AP Poll, 16th in the Coaches Poll and 15th in the BCS Standings. Auburn is ranked 24th, 25th and 20th, respectively.
Georgia and Auburn’s first meeting was in Atlanta, GA on Feb. 20, 1892. The Tigers won that game 10-0. Auburn leads “The Deep South’s Oldest Rivalry” 54-52-8, but Georgia has won six of the last nine.
Inside the numbers:
- Georgia is 52-54-8 against Auburn.
- Mark Richt is 6-4 against Auburn.
- Mark Richt is 1-1 against Gene Chizik.
- Georgia is ranked 37th in Total Offense with 428.78 yards per game.
- Georgia is ranked 26th in Scoring Offense with 34.78 points per game.
- Georgia is ranked 7th in Total Defense with 282.00 yards per game.
- Georgia is ranked 23rd in Scoring Defense with 19.89 points per game.
- Georgia is ranked 11th in Turnover Margin (+8 ratio).
- Georgia is ranked 59th in Fewest Penalties Per Game (53 for 416 yards).
- Auburn at Georgia Tickets
- Gameday Central – GeorgiaDogs.com
- 2011 Georgia Football Schedule – Sicemdawgs.com
- 2011 Auburn Football Schedule – FBSchedules.com