On Saturday, the 13th-ranked Georgia Bulldogs travel to Atlanta to take on the 25th-ranked Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets. The game will be televised by ESPN at 12:00 p.m. ET.
The game marks the 106th edition of “Clean Old Fashioned Hate”, one of the nation’s most heated in-state rivalries. Georgia leads the overall series 61-39-5 and has dominated the Yellow Jackets over the last 20 years, winning 16 of the last 20 games.
Georgia (9-2, 7-1 SEC) clinched the SEC East title last week with a 19-10 win over Kentucky. The Dawgs will face Alabama, Arkansas or LSU in the 2011 SEC Championship Game on Dec. 3.
Georgia Tech is 8-3 overall and 5-3 in the ACC. The Yellow Jackets started the season 5-0 but have lost three of their last five games.
Georgia and Georgia Tech’s first meeting was in Athens in Nov. 4, 1893. Tech won that game 28-3. The Bulldogs won last years meeting 42-34 in Athens.
Inside the numbers:
- Georgia is 61-39-5 against Georgia Tech.
- Mark Richt is 9-1 against Georgia Tech.
- Mark Richt is 2-1 against Paul Johnson.
- Georgia is ranked 34th in Total Offense with 427.64 yards per game.
- Georgia is ranked 23rd in Scoring Offense with 34.27 points per game.
- Georgia is ranked 4th in Total Defense with 263.45 yards per game.
- Georgia is ranked 11th in Scoring Defense with 17.82 points per game.
- Georgia is ranked 16th in Turnover Margin (+9 ratio).
- Georgia is ranked 61st in Fewest Penalties Per Game (66 for 517 yards).
- Kentucky at Georgia Tickets
- Gameday Central – GeorgiaDogs.com
- 2011 Georgia Football Schedule – Sicemdawgs.com
- 2011 Kentucky Football Schedule – FBSchedules.com