On Saturday, the Georgia Bulldogs (6-2, 5-1 SEC) return to Athens to host the New Mexico State Aggies. The game will be televised by CSS at 12:30 p.m. ET.
Georgia is coming off of a big 24-20 win over the Florida Gators in Jacksonville. New Mexico State (3-5, 1-3 WAC) has lost consecutive games at Hawaii (45-34) and home against Nevada (48-34).
It should be an interesting game on offense for the Dawgs. On Tuesday, running backs Isaiah Crowell, Carlton Thomas and Ken Malcome were each suspended for the game Saturday for a “violation of team policies.” Walk-on Brandon Harton, who has 11 carries for 34 yards this year, will be the likely starter at tailback.
Georgia leads the overall series against New Mexico State. The Bulldogs beat the Aggies 40-13 in 1995, 37-0 in 2000 and 41-10 in 2002.
CSS (Comcast Sports Southeast) will televise the game at 12:30 p.m. ET. CSS is not available on Dish Network, DirecTV, AT&T U-Verse, etc. It is only available to Comcast cable customers.
If you don’t have CSS, you can view the game on ESPN3.com with no blackout restrictions. ESPN3 is also available through Xbox Live with a Gold membership.
The game will also be available to order via ESPN GamePlan. Dish Network will be Channel 458 and DirecTV will be Channel 791.
Inside the numbers:
- Georgia is 3-0 against New Mexico State.
- Mark Richt is 1-0 against New Mexico State.
- Georgia is ranked 56th in Total Offense with 404.00 yards per game.
- Georgia is ranked 45th in Scoring Offense with 31.25 points per game.
- Georgia is ranked 7th in Total Defense with 267.00 yards per game.
- Georgia is ranked 24th in Scoring Defense with 20.38 points per game.
- Georgia is ranked 18th (tie) in Turnover Margin (+6 ratio).
- Georgia is ranked 79th in Fewest Penalties Per Game (52 for 411 yards).
- Gameday Central – GeorgiaDogs.com
- 2011 Georgia Football Schedule – Sicemdawgs.com
- 2011 New Mexico State Football Schedule – FBSchedules.com