The semifinals for the 2012 Legends Classic have been set. Georgia will face Indiana in the the first game of a doubleheader on Monday, Nov. 19 at 5:30 p.m. ET (ESPNU).
The game will be the fourth overall meeting between the Bulldogs and the Hoosiers. Indiana defeated Georgia in all three contests, most recently in 1976 in the Sugar Bowl Classic in New Orleans.
In the second game of the doubleheader, UCLA will take on Georgetown (ESPN2). The Bulldogs will face one of those teams in either the championship or consolation game on Tuesday, Nov. 30.
Georgia is 1-1 all-time against the Georgetown Hoyas and 0-2 against the UCLA Bruins. If the Dawgs end up playing UCLA, they will be facing Tony Parker, who spurned the Bulldogs and signed with the Bruins in April.
Georgia’s 2012-13 non-conference schedule now features four 2012 NCAA Tournament teams: Indiana, Iona, South Florida, and Southern Miss. The Dawgs could end up facing five tournament teams if they meet Georgetown in the Legends Classic.
In other hoops scheduling news, Georgia may end up facing Florida twice this season after all. Gator head coach Billy Donovan told ESPN.com that they will now play Georgia home-and-home.
Here is a look at Georgia’s 2012-13 non-conference schedule:
- 08/06-11 – Exhibition games in Italy
- 11/09 – Jacksonville
- 11/11-13 – Legends Classic 1st round (Athens, GA)
- 11/15 – Southern Miss (Legends Classic)
- 11/19 – Indiana (Legends Classic)
- 11/20 – Georgetown or UCLA (Legends Classic)
- 11/23 – East Tennessee State
- 11/30 – at USF (SEC/Big East Challenge)
- 12/04 – at Georgia Tech
- 12/15 – Iona
- 12/18 – Mercer
- 12/22 – USC
- 12/29 – Florida A&M
- 01/04 – George Washington
- Georgia’s 2012-13 Basketball Schedule to get tougher?
- Georgia to host Southern Miss in 2nd Round of 2012 Legends Classic
- Georgia adds Iona to 2012-13 Basketball Schedule
- Georgia to host USC Trojans on December 22
- Georgia to face USF in 2012 SEC/Big East Challenge
- Georgia schedules home-and-home series vs. Georgia Washington
- Six Travel Teams Revealed for 2012 Legends Classic