After their “Grown Man Football” win at Missouri, the Georgia Bulldogs return home to host the Florida Atlantic Owls on Saturday at 7:30 p.m. ET. The game will be televised by CSS and ESPN3.com.
Florida Atlantic, a member of the Sun Belt Conference, has never met Georgia on the football field. The Owls come into the game 1-1 after beating Wagner 7-3 at home and falling to Middle Tennessee 31-17 on the road.
A win over FAU would give the Dawgs their first 3-0 start since the 2008 season. Georgia has started the season 3-0 six times under head coach Mark Richt.
Defensive back Sanders Commings and linebacker Chase Vasser will each be seeing their first action after serving a two game suspension to start the season. It remains to be seen whether safety Bacarri Rambo and linebacker Alec Ogletree will be suspended for the game Saturday, but it’s likely they won’t play.
As we mentioned, the game will be available on CSS and ESPN3. For more information on how to view FAU at Georgia, we have put together an article with most of the viewing options.
Inside the numbers:
- Georgia has won 12 consecutive regular season games. It’s the second longest active streak behind LSU (15).
- The 12 game regular season winning streak is the longest ever under Mark Richt.
- Under Mark Richt, Georgia is 45-8 in non-conference games and 30-1 at home.
- Georgia is ranked 55th in Total Offense with 420.00 yards per game.
- Georgia is ranked 15th (tie) in Scoring Offense with 43.00 points per game.
- Georgia is ranked 54th in Total Defense with 359.00 yards per game.
- Georgia is ranked 54th in Scoring Defense with 21.50 points per game.
- Georgia is ranked 46th (tie) in Turnover Margin (+1 ratio).
- Georgia is ranked 99th (tie) in Fewest Penalties Per Game (17 for 101 yards).