The Georgia Bulldogs open SEC play this weekend in Columbia against the Missouri Tigers. The game will be televised by ESPN2 at 7:45 p.m. ET.
The game will be only the second ever meeting between the two schools. Georgia beat Missouri 14-0 in the 1960 Orange Bowl.
Missouri will be playing their first SEC game after they officially joined the conference on July 1. The Tigers had been a member of the Big 12 Conference since 1996.
Georgia comes into the game ranked 7th in the country in both the AP Top 25 and USA Today Sports Coaches Top 25. The Dawgs slipped one spot after their 45-23 win over Buffalo last week.
Inside the numbers:
- Georgia is 1-0 all-time against Missouri.
- Under head coach Mark Richt, the Bulldogs are 7-4 in SEC season openers, including 4-1 on the road.
- Georgia is ranked 33rd in Total Offense with 485.00 yards per game.
- Georgia is ranked 24th in Scoring Offense with 45.00 points per game.
- Georgia is ranked 52nd (tie) in Total Defense with 347.00 yards per game.
- Georgia is ranked 61st in Scoring Defense with 23.00 points per game.
- Georgia is ranked 49th in Turnover Margin (+0 ratio).
- Georgia is ranked 43rd (tie) in Fewest Penalties Per Game (5 for 22 yards).