On Saturday, the 5th-ranked Georgia Bulldogs host the Tennessee Volunteers in Athens. The game will be televised by CBS at 3:30 p.m. ET.
Georgia enters the game 4-0 overall (2-0 SEC) and ranked 5th in both major polls. Last week, the Dawgs crushed Vanderbilt 48-3.
Tennessee heads into Athens 3-1 overall (0-1 SEC) after defeating Akron 47-26 last weekend. The Volunteers opened the season with a 35-21 win over NC State in the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game, and later beat Georgia State 51-13 and fell to Florida 37-20.
The Volunteers lead the overall series against the Bulldogs 21-18-2, but Georgia has won two in a row and three of the last four.
UGA will finally be at full strength with the return of safety Bacarri Rambo and linebacker Alec Ogletree. Both served four-game suspensions to open the 2012 season. Linebacker Chase Vasser and defensive back Sanders Commings returned from suspensions last week.
Georgia is seeking their first 5-0 start since the 2006 season. That year, the Bulldogs lost to Tennessee 51-33 at home and went on to finish 9-4 overall and 4-4 in the SEC.
If you are heading to the game on Saturday, don’t forget to wear red! Head coach Mark Richt called for a “Red Out” earlier this week.
“We need the Bulldog Nation to get there early on Saturday for the Dawg Walk, wear red, and get loud enough to shake the Hedges,” Richt said.
Tennessee at Georgia:
- Date: Sept. 29, 2012, 3:30 p.m. ET
- TV: CBS and CBSSports.com
- Broadcast: Verne Lundquist (play-by-play), Gary Danielson (analyst), Tracy Wolfson (reporter)
Inside the numbers:
- Georgia has won 14 consecutive regular season games. It’s the second longest active streak behind LSU (17).
- The 14 game regular season winning streak is the longest ever under Mark Richt.
- Georgia trails the overall series against Tennessee 18-21-2.
- Georgia leads the SEC in total offense and scoring.
- Georgia is ranked 13th in Total Offense with 530.00 yards per game.
- Georgia is ranked 9th in Scoring Offense with 47.50 points per game.
- Georgia is ranked 43rd in Total Defense with 343.25 yards per game.
- Georgia is ranked 29th in Scoring Defense with 16.50 points per game.
- Georgia is ranked 70th in Turnover Margin (even ratio).
- Georgia is ranked 97th (tie) in Fewest Penalties Per Game (32 for 197 yards).