On Saturday, the 3rd-ranked Georgia Bulldogs host the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets. The game will be televised by ESPN at 12 p.m. ET.
The game marks the 105th edition of “Clean Old Fashioned Hate”, one of the nation’s most heated in-state rivalries. Georgia leads the overall series 62-37-5 and has dominated the Yellow Jackets over the last 20 games, winning 16 of 20.
Georgia (10-1, 7-1 SEC) has completed their SEC schedule and has clinched a birth in the SEC Championship Game on Dec. 1 (Buy Tickets). The Dawgs will likely face Alabama.
Georgia Tech, 6-5 overall and 5-3 in the ACC, will also compete for a conference championship. The Yellow Jackets will face Florida State by virtue of Miami self-imposing another postseason ban.
Georgia and Georgia Tech’s first meeting was in Athens in Nov. 4, 1893. Tech won that game 28-3. The Bulldogs won last years meeting 31-17 in Atlanta.
The Bulldogs will be looking to contain Tech’s triple-option, rushing oriented attack and escape the game with minimal injuries. A win over Georgia Tech also keeps Georgia’s destiny in their hands, which is a shot at the BCS championship in January.
Also, UGA Band members, students, and others are calling for fans to blackout the Tech game. So wear black if you want.
Georgia Tech at Georgia
- Date: Nov. 24, 2012, 12 p.m. ET
- TV: ESPN
- Broadcast: Dave Pasch (play-by-play), Brian Griese (analyst), Jenn Brown (reporter)
- Captains: Tavarres King, Shawn Williams, Sanders Commings, and Ty Frix
Inside the numbers
- Georgia is 62-37-5 against Georgia Tech.
- Mark Richt is 10-1 against Georgia Tech.
- Mark Richt is 3-1 against Paul Johnson.
- Georgia is ranked 25th in Total Offense with 471.36 yards per game.
- Georgia is ranked 21st in Scoring Offense with 37.64 points per game.
- Georgia is ranked 20th in Total Defense with 329.82 yards per game.
- Georgia is ranked 18th in Scoring Defense with 18.36 points per game.
- Georgia is ranked 26th in Turnover Margin (+7 ratio).
- Georgia is ranked 90th in Fewest Penalties Per Game (77 for 554 yards).