On Saturday, the #6 Georgia Bulldogs (7-1, 5-1 SEC) host the Ole Miss Rebels (5-3, 2-2 SEC). The game will be televised by CBS at 3:30 p.m. ET.
Georgia is coming off of an emotional win over then 2nd-ranked Florida in Jacksonville. The Dawgs hope to maintain the energy level and defensive intensity from that game.
A win over Ole Miss would bring Georgia within one game of clinching the SEC Eastern Division title and a trip to Atlanta for the Championship Game. If Georgia wins, the Bulldogs would need a victory at Auburn on Nov. 17 to play in the Dome.
Ole Miss, led by first-year head coach Hugh Freeze, arrives at Sanford Stadium with back-to-back wins against Auburn and Arkansas. The Rebels have also defeated Tulane, UCA, and UTEP and lost to Texas and Texas A&M.
The Bulldogs beat the Rebels last year 27-13 in Oxford to extend their overall series lead to 31-12-1. Georgia hasn’t loss to Ole Miss since a 31-27 upset in Athens in 1996.
This weekend is Homecoming at UGA and several events are planned, including an autograph signing featuring Coach Vince Dooley and former players Rex Robinson and Scott Woerner.
Ole Miss at Georgia
- Date: Nov. 3, 2012, 3:30 p.m. ET
- TV: CBS & CBSSports.com
- Broadcast: Tim Brando (play-by-play), Steve Beuerlein (analyst), Marty Snider (reporter)
Inside the numbers
- Georgia is 31-12-1 against Ole Miss.
- Mark Richt is 5-0 against Ole Miss.
- Georgia is ranked 25th in Total Offense with 460.13 yards per game.
Ole Miss is 47th.
- Georgia is ranked 25th in Scoring Offense with 36.75 points per game.
Ole Miss is 46th.
- Georgia is ranked 38th in Total Defense with 354.75 yards per game.
Ole Miss is 47th.
- Georgia is ranked 35th in Scoring Defense with 22.25 points per game.
Ole Miss is 59th.
- Georgia is ranked 38th in Turnover Margin (+3 ratio). OM is 56th (+1).
- Georgia is ranked 113th in Fewest Penalties Per Game (66 for 490 yards).
Ole Miss is 17th.