On Saturday, the No. 15 Georgia Bulldogs travel to Nashville to take on the Vanderbilt Commodores. The game will be televised by CBS at noon ET.
Georgia enters the game 4-2 overall and 3-1 in the SEC after falling to then No. 25 Missouri 41-26 last week between the hedges. After the loss, the Dawgs dropped eight spots to 15th in the AP Poll and nine spots to 16th in the Coaches Poll.
Vanderbilt (3-3, 0-3 SEC) was off last weekend. In their last game on Oct. 5, the Commodores were crushed by Missouri 51-28.
Georgia will again be without running back Todd Gurley and safety Tray Matthews. Both are listed as doubtful for the game.
The Bulldogs are making their first trip to Vanderbilt since the post-game dust-up there between Commodore head coach James Franklin and UGA defensive coordinator Todd Grantham.
The Dawgs slipped by Vanderbilt 33-28 in a game that was tarnished by a few flagrant fouls that later resulted in suspensions. Last season in Athens, Georgia made a statement by blowing out Vanderbilt 48-3.
There shouldn’t be any tensions in this game. But it will likely be a battle with all of the injuries that Georgia has suffered. Hopefully the Dawgs can make it out with a W and get rested up for Florida on Nov. 2.
#15 Georgia at Vanderbilt
- Date: Oct. 19, 2013, Noon ET
- TV: CBS
- Broadcast: Tim Brando (play-by-play), Aaron Taylor (analyst), Allie LaForce (reporter)
Inside the numbers
- Georgia leads the overall series against Vanderbilt 53-18-2.
- Mark Richt is 11-1 against Vanderbilt.
- Georgia is ranked 11th in Total Offense with 517.3 yards per game.
Vanderbilt is 57th with 425.0 ypg.
- Georgia is ranked 27th in Scoring Offense with 37.5 points per game.
Vanderbilt is 43rd with 33.7 ppg.
- Georgia is ranked 64th (tie) in Total Defense with 399.0 yards per game.
Vanderbilt is 57th with 390.0 ypg.
- Georgia is ranked 105th (tie) in Scoring Defense with 33.7 points per game.
Vanderbilt is 64th with 22.4 ppg.
- Georgia is ranked 103rd (tie) in Turnover Margin (-4 ratio).
Vanderbilt is 85th (tie) (-2 ratio).
- Georgia is ranked 63rd (tie) in Fewest Penalties Per Game (6.0 per game).
Vanderbilt is 26th with 4.67 per game.