On Saturday, No. 7 Georgia Bulldogs host the No. 25 Missouri Tigers in a pivotal SEC East match-up. The game will be televised by ESPN at noon ET.
Georgia enters the game 4-1 and 3-0 in the SEC after a 34-31 overtime victory at Tennessee last weekend. After the win, the Dawgs dropped one spot to seventh in both the AP Poll and Coaches Poll.
Missouri (5-0, 1-0) dominated Vanderbilt last week 51-28 in Nashville. That was the first SEC game of the season for Missouri after four straight non-conference victories.
Georgia looks to be the better team, but they will be without several key players. Running back Todd Gurley is questionable for the game and certainly won’t start.
Freshman J.J. Green will start in place of Gurley and Keith Marshall. Marshall is out for the season after tearing his ACL last week. Also out for the season with an ACL tear is wide receiver Justin Scott-Wesley.
And the list goes on. Wide receiver Michael Bennett will miss a few weeks after tearing his meniscus in his right knee, while punter Collin Barber is questionable with a concussion.
With all of that being said, the Dawgs still have a good shot at beating Mizzou. After all, they are playing Between the Hedges and they are a 7.5 favorite after starting out 10.5.
The Bulldogs need to start out strong and not let the Tigers hang around and think they have a chance in this game. Aaron Murray will continue to lead UGA’s impressive offense, while the young D just needs to continue to improve and make key stops.
#25 Missouri at #7 Georgia
- Date: Oct. 12, 2013, Noon ET
- TV: ESPN
- Broadcast: Dave Pasch, Brian Griese, Tom Luginbill
Inside the numbers
- Georgia leads the overall series against Missouri 2-0.
- Mark Richt is 1-0 against Missouri.
- Georgia is ranked 11th in Total Offense with 530.0 yards per game.
Missouri is 7th with 543.8 ypg.
- Georgia is ranked 22nd in Scoring Offense with 39.8 points per game.
Missouri is 8th with 46.6 ppg.
- Georgia is ranked 66th in Total Defense with 403.8 yards per game.
Missouri is 76th with 412.4 ypg.
- Georgia is ranked 95th (tie) in Scoring Defense with 32.2 points per game.
Missouri is 40th with 22.4 ppg.
- Georgia is ranked 66th (tie) in Turnover Margin (+0 ratio).
Missouri is 17th (tie) (+5 ratio).
- Georgia is ranked 78th (tie) in Fewest Penalties Per Game (6.20 per game).
Missouri is 14th with 4.0 per game.
- Gameday Central – GeorgiaDogs.com
- 2013 Georgia Football Schedule – Sicemdawgs.com
- 2013 Missouri Football Schedule – FBSchedules.com