This afternoon, the Georgia Bulldogs travel to Atlanta to face the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets at Bobby Dodd Stadium. The game will be televised by ABC at 3:30pm ET.
The game marks the 108th edition of “Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate”, one of the nation’s most heated in-state rivalries. Georgia leads the overall series 63-39-5 and has dominated the Yellow Jackets of late, winning 11 of the past 12 meetings.
Georgia (7-4, 5-3 SEC) has completed their SEC schedule and is bowl eligible once again. The Dawgs are likely headed to the Gator Bowl with a win, and could fall to the Music City Bowl with a loss.
Georgia Tech has an identical record, 7-4 overall and 5-3 in the ACC, will also head to a bowl this season.
Georgia and Georgia Tech’s first meeting was in Athens in Nov. 4, 1893. Tech won that game 28-3. The Bulldogs won last year’s meeting 42-10 in Athens. The Bulldogs haven’t lost to the Yellow Jackets in Atlanta since the 51-48 Jasper Sanks non-fumble game in 1999.
For an in-depth preview of the game with predictions, check out Dr. SEC’s UGA-GT Preview & Predictions column.
Georgia at Georgia Tech
- Date: Saturday, Nov. 30, 2013, 3:30pm ET
- TV: ABC (national)
- Broadcast: Bob Wischusen, Rod Gilmore, Quint Kessenich
- Captains: David Andrews, Corey Campbell, Garrison Smith, Kosta Vavlas
Inside the numbers
- Georgia is 63-39-5 against Georgia Tech.
- Mark Richt is 11-1 against Georgia Tech.
- Mark Richt is 4-1 against Paul Johnson.
- Georgia is ranked 15th in Total Offense with 494.6 yards per game.
Georgia Tech is 46th with 435.7 ypg.
- Georgia is ranked 19th in Scoring Offense with 37.9 points per game.
Georgia Tech is 22nd (tie) with 36.8 ppg.
- Georgia is ranked 40th in Total Defense with 370.9 yards per game.
Georgia Tech is 18th with 342.6 ypg.
- Georgia is ranked 77th (tie) in Scoring Defense with 29.0 points per game.
Georgia Tech is ranked 24th with 21.0 ppg.
- Georgia is ranked 105th in Turnover Margin (-7 ratio).
Georgia Tech is 75th (-2 ratio).
- Georgia is ranked 89th in Fewest Penalties Per Game (6.36 per game).
Georgia Tech is 39th (tie) with 5 ppg.
- Gameday Central – GeorgiaDogs.com
- 2013 Georgia Football Schedule – Sicemdawgs.com
- 2013 Georgia Tech Football Schedule – FBSchedules.com