UGA defensive line coach Chris Wilson is leaving for the same position with the USC Trojans, while inside linebackers coach Kirk Olivadotti is rejoining the staff of the NFL’s Washington Redskins.
News of the two moves broke late yesterday evening and were reported by multiple sources.
The departures of Wilson and Olivadotti, coupled with the earlier resignation of defensive backs coach Scott Lakatos, gives new UGA defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt a clean slate with which to select his staff.
Pruitt will likely be hiring for the following three positions: defensive line coach, outside linebackers coach, and inside linebackers coach. Pruitt will coach the defensive backs and the staff will again share the duties of special teams.
- Tracy Rocker – formerly with the Tennessee Titans
- Chris Kiffin – Ole Miss
- Terry Price – Texas A&M
- Ed Orgerson – formerly with USC
- Dan Brooks – Clemson
- Giff Smith – formerly with the Buffalo Bills
- David Turner – Mississippi State
- Tyrone Nix – Middle Tennessee (DC)
- Kevin Sherrer – South Alabama (DC)
- Tyson Summers – UCF
- Randy Shannon – Arkansas
- John Thompson – former Arkansas State DC
- Manny Diaz – former Texas DC
- Charles Kelly – Florida State
- Lance Thompson – Alabama