Stadium Journey, a website and monthly magazine which focuses on rating stadium experiences from around the world, has updated their review of UGA’s Sanford Stadium.
The most recent review was conducted by Brian Jones, a Stadium Journey Regional Correspondent. Jones rated seven key areas of the stadium and experience, which resulted in a FANFARE score of 4.3 (out of 5).
Listed below are the ratings for each stadium experience that was measured:
- Food & Beverage – 3
- Atmosphere – 5
- Neighborhood – 5
- Fans – 5
- Access – 3
- Return on Investment – 5
- Extras – 4
As a fan of the Georgia Bulldogs, I can’t disagree with any of the ratings for Sanford Stadium. The food selection could definitely use some improvement. Access to and from the stadium has improved over the years, but it can still be difficult for first time visitors or for big games.
What do you think of the review? Head over to StadiumJourney.com to read the full review of Sanford Stadium. You can also rate the experience yourself using their Crowd Review feature.
Stadium Journey has also just published their Top 100 Stadium Experiences of 2013. UGA’s Sanford Stadium did not make the list or the Top 10 in college football. Listed below is their college football Top 10:
- Notre Dame Stadium, Notre Dame Fighting Irish
- Bryant-Denny Stadium, Alabama Crimson Tide
- Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, USC Trojans
- Darrell K Royal- Texas Memorial Stadium, Texas Longhorns
- Blaik Field at Michie Stadium, Army Black Knights
- Spartan Stadium, Michigan State Spartans
- Michigan Stadium, Michigan Wolverines
- Ohio Stadium, Ohio State Buckeyes
- Memorial Stadium, Clemson Tigers
- Kyle Field, Texas A&M Aggies