Georgia Stomps The Chomp, Beats Florida In Jacksonville 42-30
Mark Richt thought that the Bulldogs were too often playing without emotion. To remedy that, he ordered his players to intentionally receive a celebration penalty after their first touchdown against Florida on Saturday. When Knowshon Moreno dove and stretched the ball to the goal line, Richt got we he asked for……and then some. The entire team raced to the endzone and celebrated.
Although Georgia was penalized almost 30 yards, the message was clear. The Dawgs were not going to bow down to the Gators and their recent dominance in the series. Instead, Georgia punched, and counter-punched, its way to a 42-30 victory over the defending national champions.
Moreno rushed for 188 yards and added two more touchdowns to lead UGA to their 2nd victory over the Gators in the last four games. Matthew Stafford played a solid game, completing 11 of 18 passes for 217 yards and three touchdowns. He threw one interception that was returned for a touchdown by Wonde Pierre-Louis.
Check out the links below for more information on Georgia’s win over Florida:
- Bulldogs Strut Their Way To Monumental Win – OnlineAthens.com
- Moreno Runs Wild In 42-30 Victory Over Gators – OnlineAthens.com
- Georgia Figures Out How To Beat Florida – Run! – OnlineAthens.com
- Moreno Leads Bulldogs To Promised Land – OnlineAthens.com
- Georgia Has A Lot To Celebrate After Win Over Gators – OnlineAthens.com
- Dogs Gone Wild In Jacksonville – UGASports.com
- Moreno Steals The Show – UGASports.com
- Richt Says No Disrespect Intended – UGASports.com
- It’s A Celebration – Georgia Sports Blog