Georgia to Face Hawaii in Sugar Bowl; Richt Calls for a Black Out
The 5th-ranked Georgia Bulldogs will face the 10th-ranked Hawaii Warriors in the Allstate Sugar Bowl on January 1, 2008. The game will be broadcast by FOX at 8:30 p.m. EST. The Dawgs had hoped for a shot at the National Championship game, but were denied when LSU, Virginia Tech and Oklahoma each jumped them in the final BCS poll.
Yesterday, Mark Richt announced that the team will wear their black jerseys (UGA is the home team and gets the option) and they want the fans to Black Out the Superdome. Our Fan Shop has plenty of black UGA items in stock.
Check out the links below for more information on Georgia’s Sugar Bowl matchup with Hawaii:
- Hawaii vs. The SEC In The Last Three Meetings – Georgia Sports Blog
- Richt: “I’m Very Excited About This Opportunity” – GeorgiaDogs.com
- Dawgs Forced To Settle For Sugar Bowl – OnlineAthens.com
- Players Disappointed By Slide In BCS Standings – OnlineAthens.com
- Flawed Setup Inhibits Georgia – OnlineAthens.com