Gametime: Georgia vs. Florida
The Georgia Bulldogs (4-3, 3-2 SEC) will face the no. 1 ranked Florida Gators (7-0, 5-0 SEC) in Jacksonville on Halloween. The game will be televised by the CBS at 3:30 p.m. ET.
Last year, the Gators rolled over the Dawgs 49-10, and punctuated the victory with a couple of timeouts in the closing seconds.
The Gators come in to the game struggling somewhat on offense, but are still ranked first in all of the polls. Last week at Mississippi State, Tim Tebow threw two interceptions and both were returned for touchdowns.
Georgia enjoyed the rare pre-Florida off week, and will hopefully come in to the game rested and focused.
Inside the numbers
- Georgia holds a 47-38-2 overall series lead against Florida.
- Florida has won 16 of the past 19 games.
- Mark Richt is 2-6 against Florida.
- Since 2001, UGA has averaged 17.9 points per game against Florida.
- Since 2001, UGA’s defense has given up 24.8 points per game against Florida.
- Since 1990, average points UGA has scored in 3 wins: 36.7
- Since 1990, average points UGA has scored in 16 losses: 13.9
- Average points scored in wins over UF under Richt: 36.5
- Average points scored in losses to UF under Richt: 11.7