Gametime: LSU Tigers at Georgia Bulldogs
On Saturday, the Georgia Bulldogs (3-1, 2-0 SEC) will host the LSU Tigers (4-0, 2-0 SEC) in a pivotal SEC contest. The game will be televised by CBS at 3:30 p.m. ET.
The Dawgs are coming off of a last-second 20-17 win over the Arizona State Sun Devils. LSU came away with a 30-26 win over the Mississippi State Bulldogs in Starkville.
Georgia is ranked 18th in the AP, 14th in the Coaches and 17th in the Harris Poll. The LSU Tigers are ranked 4th in all three polls.
The Bulldogs and Tigers have played 27 times since 1928. LSU leads the overall series 14-12-1. However, Georgia has won three in a row and six of the last eight meetings.
Inside the numbers
- LSU holds a 14-12-1 overall series lead against Georgia.
- Georgia has won 3 in a row over LSU.
- Georgia is 6-6 against LSU at home.
- UGA has averaged 43.67 points in the last 3 games with LSU.
- The LSU defense is surrendering 15.25 points per game in 2009.
- The UGA offense is scoring 34.25 points per game.
- The LSU offense is scoring 28.75 points per game.
- The UGA defense is surrendering 29.75 points per game.