On Saturday, Louisiana’s Ragin’ Cajuns will face the Georgia Bulldogs at Sanford Stadium in Athens. The game will be televised at 12:21 p.m. ET on The SEC Network and ESPN3.com.
The Ragin’ Cajuns compete in the Sun Belt Conference of the Football Bowl Subdivision. Last year, they finished 6-6 overall and 4-4 in the conference.
Under head coach Mark Richt, the Georgia Bulldogs are 8-1 in season openers and are 38-4 in non-conference games. The Dawgs hope to continue that trend against the Ragin’ Cajuns, a team they have never faced before.
Redshirt freshman Aaron Murray will lead the Dawgs at quarterback, while junior A.J. Green returns at wide receiver and junior Caleb King at running back. Sophomore Washaun Ealey is suspended for this game.
On defense, an all new coaching staff (except Rodney Garner) hope to return the Dawgs to their former glory.
Inside the numbers
- Georgia has won 12 of its last 13 season openers.
- Under Mark Richt, Georgia is 38-4 in non-conference games.
- Georgia’s five OL starters have started a combined 127 games.
- The OL unit allowed an SEC low 12 sacks in 2009.
- Drew Butler averaged 48.1 yards on 56 punts in 2009.
- Blair Walsh made 20-of-22 field goals in 2009, including 4-of-5 from 50+.