Late Touchdown Lifts Arkansas Over Georgia 31-24
Arkansas quarterback Ryan Mallett threw a 40-yard touchdown pass to Greg Childs with 14 seconds remaining to lift no. 12 Arkansas over Georgia 31-24.
The win was Arkansas’ first over Georgia since 1993, a 20-10 win in Athens.
The loss drops Georgia to 1-2 overall and 0-2 in the SEC. The Bulldogs are likely out of the SEC East race only two games into the season. It will be the fifth straight year that Georgia has missed the SEC Championship game.
Quarterback Aaron Murray completed 15 of 27 passes for 253 yards with one touchdown and one interception. Murray also scored a touchdown on a one-yard run.
Washaun Ealey led the Dawgs in rushing with 87 yards on 18 carries and one touchdown. Kris Durham caught 5 passes for 101 yards and Tavarres King caught four passes for 91 yards.
Georgia’s next game is Saturday, September 25 at Mississippi State. The game will be televised by FSN at 7:00 p.m. ET.
- Bulldogs Drop Heartbreaker to Arkansas, 31-24 – GeorgiaDogs.com
- Georgia-Arkansas Box Score – ESPN.com
- Last Second Loss Leaves Dogs Feeling Ill ($) – UGASports.com
- What Will Dogs Do Now? ($) – UGASports.com
- Ohhhhhh & Two – Georgia Sports Blog