Gametime 2010 – Georgia vs. Florida
On Saturday, the Georgia Bulldogs face the Florida Gators at EverBank Field in Jacksonville, Florida. The game will be televised by CBS at 3:30 p.m. ET.
Georgia (4-4, 3-3 SEC) is in sole possession of second in the SEC East after their 44-31 win over Kentucky in Lexington. Florida (4-3, 2-3 SEC) is in 3rd place in the East, but are losers of three straight games.
Florida enjoyed another pre-Georgia off week, and took the time to rest and tweak their problematic offense. The Gators have lost three straight SEC games, scoring only six points at Alabama and seven points at home against Mississippi State.
Speaking of the off-week that we discussed last year, Florida is 15-4 against Georgia after they have the off week. The Gators have had the off week twice under Urban Meyer, and they won both times. Richt enjoyed the only pre-Florida off week in 2007 and the Dawgs “celebrated” their way to a 42-30 victory.
Hopefully, the off week and the 17-3 run the Gators are on doesn’t continue to get in Georgia’s head. The Dawgs have the better team on paper at this point in the season, and hopefully it will show up on the field and on the final scoreboard Saturday night.
Inside the numbers:
- Georgia holds a 47-39-2 overall series lead against Florida.
- Florida has won 17 of the past 20 games.
- Mark Richt is 2-7 against Florida.
- Since 2001, UGA has averaged 17.8 points per game against UF.
- Since 2001, UGA’s defense has given up 26.6 points per game against UF.
- Since 1990, average points UGA has scored in 3 wins: 36.7
- Since 1990, average points UGA has scored in 17 losses: 14.1
- Average points scored in wins over UF under Richt: 36.5
- Average points scored in losses to UF under Richt: 12.4
- Georgia is 62nd in total offense, Florida is 89th.
- Georgia is in 19th in total defense, Florida is 14th.
- Georgia is 34th in fewest penalties per game, Florida is 97th.
- Georgia is 18th (+7) in turnover margin, Florida is 43rd (+2).
- In 2009, Georgia ranked 17th in kickoff return yardage defense allowing 25.71 yards per return. So far in 2010, Georgia is ranked 15th allowing only 19.10 yards per return.
- Gameday Central – GeorgiaDogs.com
- 2010 Georgia Bulldogs Football Schedule – Sicemdawgs.com
- 2010 Florida Gators Football Schedule – FBSchedules.com