Gametime 2010 – Idaho State at Georgia
On Saturday, the Georgia Bulldogs host the Idaho State Bengals at Sanford Stadium in Athens. The game will be televised by WSB-TV Channel 2 (ABC) at 12:30 p.m. ET.
For Georgia Bulldog fans that don’t receive WSB-TV, check out our Georgia-Idaho State TV Information post for other methods to watch the game.
Georgia (4-5, 3-4 SEC) has now been eliminated from SEC East contention after their 34-31 overtime loss to Florida in Jacksonville. The Dawgs need to win two of their final three games to become bowl eligible.
After Idaho State, the Bulldogs play at Auburn (11/13), have an open date (11/20) and then host in-state rival Georgia Tech (11/27).
If the Dawgs get to six wins, possible bowl destinations include the Music City Bowl (12/30 vs. ACC), the Liberty Bowl (12/31 vs. C-USA) and the Birmingham Bowl (01/08 vs. Big East).
The Independence Bowl in Shreveport, Louisiana is no longer affiliated with the SEC. Their matchup now features the ACC against the Mountain West.
Saturday’s opponent, Idaho State, is a member of the Big Sky Conference in the Football Championship Subdivision. The Bengals are currently 1-7 overall and 0-6 in their conference. And just like Georgia, Idaho State is coming off of a 3-point loss in overtime.
Inside the numbers:
- This is the 1st ever meeting between Georgia and Idaho State.
- Georgia is 54th in total offense.
- Georgia is in 28th in total defense.
- Georgia is 20th in fewest penalties per game.
- Georgia is 35th (+4) in turnover margin.
- Gameday Central – GeorgiaDogs.com
- 2010 Georgia Bulldogs Football Schedule – Sicemdawgs.com
- 2010 Idaho State Bengals Football Schedule – FBSchedules.com