Gametime 2011 – Georgia at Ole Miss
The Georgia Bulldogs (1-2, 0-1 SEC) hit the road for the first time this season to take on the Ole Miss Rebels (1-2, 0-1 SEC). The game will be televised by the SEC Network at 12:21 p.m. ET. It will also be broadcast on ESPN GamePlan and ESPN3.
Some have dubbed the game the “Hot Seat Bowl” due to the current head coaching situations at both schools. Mark Richt is under fire after going 6-7 in 2010 and starting 0-2 in 2011. Houston Nutt went 4-8 in 2010 and is 1-2 this season, including a loss to Vanderbilt last week.
Both schools are looking to get their first SEC win of the season and get back to .500 overall.
Georgia and Ole Miss last met in 2007 in Athens. The Bulldogs won that game 45-17 and have won eight straight in the series.
Inside the numbers:
- Georgia is 30-12-1 against Ole Miss.
- Mark Richt is 4-0 against Ole Miss.
- Mark Richt is 4-0 against Houston Nutt (Arkansas).
- Georgia is ranked 46th in Total Offense, 19th in Scoring Offense.
- Georgia is ranked 30th in Total Defense and 74th in Scoring Defense.
- Georgia is ranked 42nd in Turnover Margin (+1 ratio).
- Georgia is ranked 41st in Fewest Penalties Per Game (17 for 137 yards).
- Gameday Central – GeorgiaDogs.com
- 2011 Georgia Football Schedule – Sicemdawgs.com
- 2011 Ole Miss Football Schedule – FBSchedules.com