Gametime 2011 – Kentucky at Georgia
On Saturday, the Georgia Bulldogs (8-2, 6-1 SEC) host the Kentucky Wildcats (4-6, 1-5 SEC) at Sanford Stadium in Athens. The game will be televised by the SEC Network at 12:21 p.m. ET.
Kentucky embarrassed Georgia the last time they visited in 2009, winning 34-27. After leading 20-6 at halftime, the Bulldogs turned the ball over four times in the second half resulting in a humiliating loss.
Georgia, ranked 13th in the AP Poll, 15th in the Coaches Poll and 14th in the BCS Standings, shouldn’t have much trouble with Kentucky this year unless they get in their own way. The Bulldogs have been on a roll while the Wildcats have been losing big.
A win over the Wildcats means the Georgia Bulldogs advance to the SEC Championship Game for the first time since 2005. The Bulldogs would face either Alabama, Arkansas or LSU from the West Division. The game will be played at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta on Saturday, Dec. 3 at 4:00 p.m. ET (CBS).
Georgia and Kentucky’s first meeting was in Louisville on Oct. 21, 1939. The Wildcats won that game 13-6, but the Bulldogs have dominated the series since then.
Inside the numbers
- Georgia is 50-12-2 against Kentucky.
- Mark Richt is 8-2 against Kentucky.
- Mark Richt is 1-0 against Joker Phillips.
- Georgia is ranked 31st in Total Offense with 438.70 yards per game.
- Georgia is ranked 21st in Scoring Offense with 35.80 points per game.
- Georgia is ranked 4th in Total Defense with 273.30 yards per game.
- Georgia is ranked 12th in Scoring Defense with 18.60 points per game.
- Georgia is ranked 9th in Turnover Margin (+9 ratio).
- Georgia is ranked 67th in Fewest Penalties Per Game (61 for 476 yards).
- Kentucky at Georgia Tickets
- Gameday Central – GeorgiaDogs.com
- 2011 Georgia Football Schedule – Sicemdawgs.com
- 2011 Kentucky Football Schedule – FBSchedules.com