Georgia to host USC Trojans on December 22
The Hoop Dawgs will host the USC Trojans on Saturday, December 22, 2012, CBSSports.com has reported. The game is the final contest in a home-and-home series that began in 2011.
In last years meeting in Los Angeles, Georgia beat Southern Cal 63-59 to improve their overall record against the Trojans to 2-0. Their first ever meeting came at the Quaker City Tournament in Philadelphia in 1972. The Bulldogs won that game 77-74.
Confirmation of the USC date means that Georgia’s 2012-13 non-conference slate is nearly complete. The Bulldogs are still seeking an opponent to play at Stegeman Coliseum on Dec. 15.
Georgia will also host two opponents in Athens as part of the 2012 Legends Classic, but an announcement on those games has not been made yet. The two teams will come from the travel pool, which currently consists of Duquesne, James Madison, Liberty, North Dakota State, Sam Houston State and UC Irvine.
Here is a look at Georgia’s updated 2012-13 non-conference schedule:
- 08/06-11 – Exhibition games in Italy
- 11/09 – Jacksonville
- 11/11-15 – Legends Classic 1st round (Athens, GA)
- 11/11-15 – Legends Classic 2nd round (Athens, GA)
- 11/19 – Legends Classic Semifinals (Brooklyn, NY)
- 11/20 – Legends Classic Championship/Consolation (Brooklyn, NY)
- 11/23 – East Tennessee State
- 11/30 – at USF (SEC/Big East Challenge)
- 12/04 – at Georgia Tech
- 12/15 – Home Game TBA
- 12/18 – Mercer
- 12/22 – USC
- 12/29 – Florida A&M
- 01/04 – George Washington
- Georgia to face USF in 2012 SEC/Big East Challenge
- Georgia schedules home-and-home series vs. Georgia Washington
- Six Travel Teams Revealed for 2012 Legends Classic